Please reach out, say hello
Join the mailing list
Hi I’m Greg. Thanks for visiting this site. I am a product designer and developer. I love collaborating on a new idea and helping design it and shape it into a product that will grow a business and delight users. I frequently work at a holistic level bringing disperate or new ideas together to work in one complete system. I have over 20 years of experience hands-on and leading teams in design strategy, design ops, front-end and product development. Want to know more? Let's catch up and grab a coffee.
Right now I'm probably designing a product or experiences for a new product.
Leveraging methodologies including Design Thinking, Lean UX and Jobs to be Done, I've led teams of more than 10 UX and UI and graphic designers.
I am versed in the Adobe Suite, Sketch, Invision, Figma and Axure.
My peek design interest currently is setting up design teams to succeed within an organization.
Right now I'm probably prototyping front-end code.
Leveraging Agile and KonBon, I've led teams of 9 front-end and back-end engineers.
I am well versed in HTML and CSS/SCSS and have been expanding knowledge of React and Vue.js. I work in Djagno/Python, .NET, and PHP and have stood up Bootstrap, Foundation, Material, Bourbon and Wordpress frameworks.
Right now I'm probably drafting up a Medium article about design or team structure or life hacks. I could also be peppering code snippets into a CodePen-based article about how to implement a specific code solution.
Writings have been published on Medium, Motley Fool, LinkedIn, AOL and Yahoo.
Right now I'm probably presenting about technology.
I have presented to large crowds about product design, UI, UX, CSS at Digital East conference and Motley Fool's FoolFest and Foolapalooza, and in more intimate settings at Refresh DC, General Assembly and Motley Fool Tech Talks.
I've also previously been a part-time instructor for Boston University teaching Web Design, HTML, CSS and Wordpress.
I'm probably working on help create something fun like an Apple Butter cookoff, or a Scavenger Hunt or hosting a fake Fast and the Furious conference.
Prior events I take pride in helping set up include a global investing meetup that spanned 75 cities in 15 countries. Also helping start the Delaware Shakespeare Festival that has just flourishing and is still going strong now more than 15 years later.
I'm probably paying attention to the current state of different businesses and technology as a whole, and looking for opportunities to support great companies.
Privately-owned investments include The Motley Fool and Red Velvet Creative. Publicly traded investments include as Facebook, Amazon, Slack and Stitchfix. Non-profits supported include Delaware Shakspeare.
- Created FASTCON: Hobbscon, a new fake Fast and Furious conference.
- Launched new Motley Fool premium services: IPO Trailblazers, Navigator, Augmented Reality, Artificial Intelligence and Blast Off.
- Designed a custom online game Shoot the Moon for the Blast Off service.
- Attended workshops learning Vue.js with Sarah Drasner and UX accessibility with Sara Soueidan.
- Hired on two new developers, managed team of nine designers and developers, coached twelve coworkers, became a mentor for one front-end developer
- Presented on CSSGrid at Motley Fool Tech Talk.
- Launched new Motley Fool premium services: Long-Short Portfolio, Moneymakers, Marijuana Masters, Global Partners, Partnership Portfolio, and Crypto Society.
- Designed system for consolidation of all redundant stock discussion boards.
- Presented to 150 people at Motley Fool Pheonix member event.
- Attended workshops learning CSSGrid with Rachel Andrew.
- Hired on three new developers, managed team of seven designers and developers, coached ten coworkers
- Strategized and redesigned all Motley Fool Reports to use one new templating system.
- Launched new Motley Fool premium services: Rising-Stars, Moneymakers, Marijuana Masters, Premier Pass, Total Income, and Fool100 index website.
- Created FASTCON, a fake Fast and Furious conference.
- Led design and development for portfolio frameworks.
- Relaunched Motley Fool One as a service in the premium design system for The Motley Fool
- Managed team of five designers and developers, coached ten coworkers
- Relaunched all Motley Fool premium services in a new premium design system updated to meet a11y web standards.
- Launched new Motley Fool premium services: Explorer, Market Pass.
- Developed landing page system for final message from closing services.
- Designing Motley Fool Money, MarketFoolery and podcast logos and podcasts website.
More to come